Notes and Quotes...
John saw Jesus coming toward him and declared, "Here is the Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world! This is he of whom I said, 'After me comes a man who ranks ahead of me because he was before me.' I myself did not know him; but I came baptizing with water for this reason, that he might be revealed to Israel." And John testified, "I saw the Spirit descending from heaven like a dove, and it remained on him. I myself did not know him, but the one who sent me to baptize with water said to me, 'He on whom you see the Spirit descend and remain is the one who baptizes with the Holy Spirit.' And I myself have seen and have testified that this is the Son of God."
The next day John again was standing with two of his disciples, and as he watched Jesus walk by, he exclaimed, "Look, here is the Lamb of God!" The two disciples heard him say this, and they followed Jesus. When Jesus turned and saw them following, he said to them, "What are you looking for?" They said to him, "Rabbi" (which translated means Teacher), "where are you staying?" He said to them, "Come and see." They came and saw where he was staying, and they remained with him that day. It was about four o'clock in the afternoon. One of the two who heard John speak and followed him was Andrew, Simon Peter's brother. He first found his brother Simon and said to him, "We have found the Messiah" (which is translated Anointed). He brought Simon to Jesus, who looked at him and said, "You are Simon son of John. You are to be called Cephas" (which is translated Peter).
- Guided Imagery: Oops! The date was miscalculated. The session was scheduled for the 21st, and will be held as scheduled - at 10 AM. We're very sorry for the confusion.
- Degreening of the Church will be done this Sunday, January 15, after the 10:30 Service.
- The Church of the Redeemer's ECW would like to wish you a Happy New Year. Our first meeting of the year 2017 will be on Sunday, January 22, after the 10:30 service. We will be planning our events for the New Year. Plan to share your ideas for local outreach, craft projects and fund raisers. Let's get together and spread the Joy!
- The Vestry will meet in the Rector's Office on Sunday, January 29 after the 10:30 Service.
- Shrove Tuesday Pancake Supper: Tuesday, February 28, 5:30 PM,
with a brief service at 7:00 PM
- Ash Wednesday: Wednesday, March 1, at 7:00 PM
- Stations of the Cross: Each Wednesday in Lent, starting March 8, with the last one being April 5, each one at 7:00 PM.
- Bishop's Visitation: Sunday, April 2.
- Palm Sunday: April 9.
- Easter Sunday: April 16.
Altar Flowers: If you would like to place flowers on the altar as a memorial or in thanksgiving, please place your donation in one of the colored envelopes found in the pews and add it to the plate during collections.
Prayers: If you are in need of special prayers such as RIP for family members or friends, healing, or any special situations, please call Diane Jackson at 768-0044 to add your prayers to our prayer chain. If you would like to become a member of the prayer chain, talk to Diane Jackson
This Week's Worship Schedule:
|Sunday|| 8:15 AM
Choir Practice in the Church