Notes and Quotes...
Jesus said, "You have heard that it was said, 'An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth.' But I say to you, Do not resist an evildoer. But if anyone strikes you on the right cheek, turn the other also; and if anyone wants to sue you and take your coat, give your cloak as well; and if anyone forces you to go one mile, go also the second mile. Give to everyone who begs from you, and do not refuse anyone who wants to borrow from you.
"You have heard that it was said, 'You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.' But I say to you, Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, so that you may be children of your Father in heaven; for he makes his sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the righteous and on the unrighteous. For if you love those who love you, what reward do you have? Do not even the tax collectors do the same? And if you greet only your brothers and sisters, what more are you doing than others? Do not even the Gentiles do the same? Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect."
- Saturday, February 25: Guided Meditation at 10:00 AM in the Church. (This was rescheduled from the 18th).
- Sunday, February 26: ECW Meeting and Baby Shower for Abby and Javi following the 10:30 service. Abby and Javi are registered on Amazon.
- Shrove Tuesday Pancake Supper: Tuesday, February 28, 5:30 PM, with a brief service at 7:00 PM
- Ash Wednesday: Wednesday, March 1, at 7:00 PM
- Stations of the Cross: Each Wednesday in Lent, starting March 8, with the last one being April 5, each one at 7:00 PM.
- Bishop's Visitation: Sunday, April 2.
- Palm Sunday: April 9.
- Easter Sunday: April 16.
Altar Flowers: If you would like to place flowers on the altar as a memorial or in thanksgiving, please place your donation in one of the colored envelopes found in the pews and add it to the plate during collections.
Prayers: If you are in need of special prayers such as RIP for family members or friends, healing, or any special situations, please call Diane Jackson at 768-0044 to add your prayers to our prayer chain. If you would like to become a member of the prayer chain, talk to Diane Jackson
This Week's Worship Schedule:
|Sunday|| 8:15 AM
Choir Practice in the Church