Notes and Quotes...
October 16, 2016 is designated as the UTO Fall Ingathering. Please bring you Blue Boxes (or checks designated "For UTO" on the Memo line) Sunday so we can share our blessings.
Jesus told his disciples a parable about their need to pray always and not to lose heart. He said, "In a certain city there was a judge who neither feared God nor had respect for people. In that city there was a widow who kept coming to him and saying, 'Grant me justice against my opponent.' For a while he refused; but later he said to himself, 'Though I have no fear of God and no respect for anyone, yet because this widow keeps bothering me, I will grant her justice, so that she may not wear me out by continually coming.'" And the Lord said, "Listen to what the unjust judge says. And will not God grant justice to his chosen ones who cry to him day and night? Will he delay long in helping them? I tell you, he will quickly grant justice to them. And yet, when the Son of Man comes, will he find faith on earth?"
- Hurricane Matthew Relief: Please pray for the people in both our own country and in the Caribbean affected by Hurricane Matthew. If you wish to donate to hurricane relief through Episcopal Relief and Development make your check out to the Redeemer with "Hurricane Matthew" in the corner. You may also donate online at the National Church website.
- UTO Fall Gathering: October 16, 2016 is designated as the UTO Fall Ingathering. This is the time when all the Blue Boxes (or checks designated "For UTO" on the Memo line) are presented at the altar as a sign that we Utter Thanks Often for the gifts that our Creator bestows upon us...Big things and little things that bless our lives.
- Join us for the Upcoming Fish Fry: Today is the last day to order and pay for your choice of fresh Fish, Scrimp, or Fish and Scrimp. The cost of each platter is $12.00 fresh from the coast. The meal will be served in the parish hall beginning at 6:00. There is even a rumor that live music might be available for entertainment. The sign-up sheet is located in the parish hall.
- Thanks: Many thanks to all the people of the church who helped to make the rummage sale yesterday possible. Thank you for all the baked goods and rummage donated for the sale. If you were one of the workers who helped to set out, work during the sale, clean the parish hall at the end of the sale or purchased items from the sale, give yourself a big pat on the back for a job well done.
- Special Thanks to Gary McHaley for the donation of plastic tubs in which to store rummage items between sales.
- Wanted: Non - Skid Socks: ECW will be collecting "non-skid" socks for Emerald Ridge Nursing Home as an ongoing service project. To contribute you can buy adult non-skid socks or see Carol Reuter or Tonya Davis with a money donation!
Wednesday, October 12 - DOK Meeting in the parish hall at 6:00 PM.
Saturday, October 15, Fish Fry at 6:00 PM. More details to follow.
Sunday, October 30, ECW Meeting following the 10:30 AM service. All the women of the Parish are members and are encouraged to attend.
Wanted: Back to School Items: ECW will be collecting back to school items for Woodfin Elementary School during the month of August. To contribute, buy any of the school items on sale in the stores at this time. If you would like to make a money donation, see Carol Reuter or Tonya Davis.
Altar Flowers: If you would like to place flowers on the altar as a memorial or in thanksgiving, please place your donation in one of the colored envelopes found in the pews and add it to the plate during collections.
Prayers: If you are in need of special prayers such as RIP for family members or friends, healing, or any special situations, please call Diane Jackson at 768-0044 to add your prayers to our prayer chain. If you would like to become a member of the prayer chain, talk to Diane Jackson
This Week's Worship Schedule:
|Sunday|| 8:15 AM
Choir Practice in the Church