Notes and Quotes...
Luke 1:26 - 38
In the sixth month the angel Gabriel was sent by God to a town in Galilee called Nazareth, to a virgin engaged to a man whose name was Joseph, of the house of David. The virgin's name was Mary. And he came to her and said, "Greetings, favored one! The Lord is with you." But she was much perplexed by his words and pondered what sort of greeting this might be. The angel said to her, "Do not be afraid, Mary, for you have found favor with God. And now, you will conceive in your womb and bear a son, and you will name him Jesus. He will be great, and will be called the Son of the Most High, and the Lord God will give to him the throne of his ancestor David. He will reign over the house of Jacob forever, and of his kingdom there will be no end." Mary said to the angel, "How can this be, since I am a virgin?" The angel said to her, "The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you; therefore the child to be born will be holy; he will be called Son of God. And now, your relative Elizabeth in her old age has also conceived a son; and this is the sixth month for her who was said to be barren. For nothing will be impossible with God." Then Mary said, "Here am I, the servant of the Lord; let it be with me according to your word." Then the angel departed from her.
- The Annual Christmas Bazaar that was held on Saturday, December 3 netted 619.80. Well done to those who helped to set up and run the sale, and thanks to those who attended and bought holiday items.
- Winter Service Project: Redeemer will be collecting crackers, sugar-free gum, small 8 oz. bottles of water, dried fruit, cookies, and other items that will be used to fill "snack bags" to donate to Ahope as part of our Christmas community outreach projects. You may place your donations for this project in the boxes located in the parish hall. Bags will be assembled and given to Ahope in January.
- Annual Pledge Cards: As the Vestry continues to work to develop a budget for the upcoming year, the most important information needed is the amount of money they can budget! This is based on the amount of money pledged by the members of the congregation. Therefore, to get this information, every member is asked to complete one of the Annual Pledge Cards located in the Parish Hall and place it in the Pledge box. Please know that the amount you pledge can always be changed if your financial situation changes. If needed, you may always discuss changing your pledge with the Vestry or with our Treasurer, Bill Smith. We won't even ask you why you are changing it.
- Special Thanks to Marilyn Stevens, Wanda Baldwin, Tonda Lunsford, Linda Hanks and Tonya Davis for creating 25 Lap Quilts for the Alzheimer's patients at Emerald Ridge.
- Nonsense Christmas Party: Join the fun at the Nonsense Christmas Party that will be held at the church on Friday, December 16th, at 6:0-0 PM. Each person attending should bring a nonsense gift, and members are requested to bring hors d'oeuvres/casual food for the refreshments. A great time is promised.
- Donation of Poinsettias: Donations of all sizes of red and white poinsettias are needed. They will be used for greening the church for Christmas. They should be brought to the church by Friday, December 23rd. There is a sign-up sheet in the parish hall if you wish to donate Poinsettias or money in memory of loved ones or in thanksgiving.
- Wednesday, December 14: Daughters of the King will meet at 6:00 PM in the Parish Hall
- Friday, December 16: Redeemer Christmas Party at 6:00 PM in the Parish Hall
- Saturday, December 17: Guided Meditation at 10:00 AM in the Church
- Friday, December 23: Greening of the Church at 9:00 AM
- Saturday, December 24: Caroling begins in the Church at 6:30 PM
- Saturday, December 24: Christmas Mass begins at 7:00 PM
- Sunday, January 8, 2017: DeGreening of the Church following the 10:30 service.
Altar Flowers: If you would like to place flowers on the altar as a memorial or in thanksgiving, please place your donation in one of the colored envelopes found in the pews and add it to the plate during collections.
Prayers: If you are in need of special prayers such as RIP for family members or friends, healing, or any special situations, please call Diane Jackson at 768-0044 to add your prayers to our prayer chain. If you would like to become a member of the prayer chain, talk to Diane Jackson
This Week's Worship Schedule:
|Sunday|| 8:15 AM
Choir Practice in the Church