Notes and Quotes...
Jesus said, “Whoever welcomes you welcomes me, and whoever welcomes me welcomes the one who sent me. Whoever welcomes a prophet in the name of a prophet will receive a prophet's reward; and whoever welcomes a righteous person in the name of a righteous person will receive the reward of the righteous; and whoever gives even a cup of cold water to one of these little ones in the name of a disciple-- truly I tell you, none of these will lose their reward.”
- Prayers for Recovery:Today we heard that Linda Hanks' recovery is proceeding well with home visits from Physical Therapists. We were also pleased to welcome Mark and Tonya Davis back into our midst. Mark reports that he is feeling well, but that he will be returning for additional stents in the near future. Thanks be to God for these continuing recoveries.
- Many Thanks: to Susan Lunsford for her creation of the beautiful flower arrangements for the altar during the month of June, and also to Rebecca Jackson, Carolyn Pidgeon, Mary Ann Morley, Tom Vernon and Don Echert who have all worked to get the yards in "Summer Shape". Well done, all of you.
- Sunday, July 2: Independence Day "Picnic Lunch" after the 10:30 service. We will be serving Hot Dogs with all the fixings and Ice Cream for dessert. There will be a sign-up sheet for the sides and ice cream.
- Wednesday, July 5: First Wednesday Covered Dish with desserts at 6 PM in the Parish Hall, followed by Evening Prayer at 7 PM.
- Tuesday, July 25: Redeemer Book Club will meet at the home of Dennie Boettcher at 6 PM to discuss the book Thud!, by Terry Pratchett.
- Friday, July 28: Take me out to the Ball Game! The baseball loving members of Redeemer will gather at McCormick Field to watch the Asheville Tourists play the Rome Braces. The firtr pitch is at 7:05 PM. There will be fireworks following the game and Dollar Hot Dogs. We need 22 people interested in going to get the best price on tickets. Please enter your name and the number of tickets needed on the sign-up sheet in the Parish Hall.
Altar Flowers: If you would like to place flowers on the altar as a memorial or in thanksgiving, please place your donation in one of the colored envelopes found in the narthex, write your name and the person/cause to be honored in the blanks, and place it in the offering plate.
Prayers: If you are in need of special prayers such as RIP for family members or friends, healing, or any special situations, please call Diane Jackson at 768-0044 to add your prayers to our prayer chain. If you would like to become a member of the prayer chain, talk to Diane Jackson.
This Week's Worship Schedule:
|Sunday|| 8:15 AM