Notes and Quotes...
Jesus said, “Very truly, I tell you, anyone who does not enter the sheepfold by the gate but climbs in by another way is a thief and a bandit. The one who enters by the gate is the shepherd of the sheep. The gatekeeper opens the gate for him, and the sheep hear his voice. He calls his own sheep by name and leads them out. When he has brought out all his own, he goes ahead of them, and the sheep follow him because they know his voice. They will not follow a stranger, but they will run from him because they do not know the voice of strangers.” Jesus used this figure of speech with them, but they did not understand what he was saying to them.
So again Jesus said to them, “Very truly, I tell you, I am the gate for the sheep. All who came before me are thieves and bandits; but the sheep did not listen to them. I am the gate. Whoever enters by me will be saved, and will come in and go out and find pasture. The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have life, and have it abundantly.”
- Diocesan ECW will hold their Spring Fling on Saturday, May 6, 2017 from 10 AM to 2 PM at the Lake Lure Inn and Spa. The theme is "A Party with a Purpose" and funds will be raised for the Women Helping Women Scholarship program. The cost is $30, and application forms are available in the Parish Hall.
- Wednesday, May 10: Daughters of the King meets at 6:00PM in the parish hall.
- Saturday, May 20: Guided Meditation in the church led by Dennie Boettcher at 10:00
- Tuesday, May 23: Redeemer Book Club meets at the home of Dennie Boettcher at 5:30
- Sunday, May 28: ECW meets in the parish hall following the 10:30 service
- Sunday, May 28: Vestry meets in the Rector’s office following the 10:30 service
Altar Flowers: If you would like to place flowers on the altar as a memorial or in thanksgiving, please place your donation in one of the colored envelopes found in the narthex, write your name and the person/cause to be honored in the blanks, and place it in the offering plate.
Prayers: If you are in need of special prayers such as RIP for family members or friends, healing, or any special situations, please call Diane Jackson at 768-0044 to add your prayers to our prayer chain. If you would like to become a member of the prayer chain, talk to Diane Jackson.
This Week's Worship Schedule:
|Sunday|| 8:15 AM